Monday, April 06, 2015

Madonna Covers Cosmopolitan for the First Time in 25 Years

Pop icon Madonna has landed the 50th anniversary, May 2015 cover of Cosmopolitan, 25 years since her last shooting. On newsstands on April 14, the singer looks like a ‘Rebel Heart’ with a pearl necklace, mask and red lips in the image photographed by Ellen Von Unwerth. Flashback to her 1990 cover where she rocked a more minimal look with a black bob hairstyle and a simple white dress.
On longevity in her career: “Popularity comes and goes. You need to know who you are, what you stand for, and why you’re here.”

On sexuality and ageism: “Don’t be fooled, not much has changed – certainly not for women. We still live in a very sexist society that wants to limit people. Since I started, I’ve had people giving me a hard time because they didn’t think you could be sexual or have sexuality or sensuality in your work and be intelligent at the same time. For me, the fight has never ended.”
On collaborating with Kanye West on her album Rebel Heart: “It’s a little bit of a bullfight, but we take turns. He knows that he’s walking into a room with a person with a strong point of view, and I do too. I listen to what he has to say, take it in, and he listens to what I say and takes it in. We didn’t agree on everything, but he has good ideas.”

On internet haters: “You can hide behind your computer or your phone and say whatever you want – you’re not known. Could you say it to my face? Would you say it to my face? I doubt it.”
 

No comments: